Ooops!

enginear joe

Something new for even me. I set my remote down as I locked up out back. This morning I found it all wet from the rain right where I left it. I may get lucky as I set it face down? I got spoiled running in the basement for all these years. I parked the trains wherever they sat, and quit for the evening. It only rained a few times down there!

This great outdoors thing is getting to me. Every session I have to clear the track of debris. The weather turned and now I'm parked. Looks like I get to spend some time drying out the remote! Urrrggg!

Hmmm not sure on this one, hopefully it still works once it's fully dried out.  I would let it sit a good long while in a dry place to make very sure it's completely dry before trying to power it up.  If it was me I'd probably set it aside for a week or so taken apart and use another remote.

Open it up and use a hairdryer on low setting to blow warm air into it and dry it out completely. Used to do that on PC boards after a lot of soldering and then wash down with soapy water. Just make sure it is dry.