Motive Power interchangability?

Mike1083

I have been searching for an answer on the ability to switch out motive power between aristo usa and mth and i keep coming up with nothing. Im trying to figure out if the mth dash 8 or usa sd40 will fit the aristo sd45. If anyone has any links to discussion on this or any helpful tips i would greatly appreciate it.

Mike

The wheels and box, which im assuming is the motor block in the diesels? Will a dash 8 Wheel motor block fit in the aristo sd 45 area for instance. Or mth on usa or usa on aristo. Hope that makes a little more sense.

Mike

I'm pretty certain I've heard of USA blocks on Aristocraft.  As far as MTH to Aristo/USA I believe that has been done as well. Wheel spacing may be a little different however.  At this point if you were looking at swapping from one to the other, if you couldn't get MTH blocks then I would go with USA.  With the future of any Aristocraft engines being in question, I would be trying to move away from the stock Aristo motorblock and go with one you can get parts for.  Also search for the topic here on the Northwest Shortline motorblocks, those are an option as well.