Favorite engine?

enginear joe

I really like this forum. There aren't posters bullying people here. So I think we can get some good info. I started a post about members showing their engines and got some great examples.

I prefer diesels and wanted only them as I entered G scale. I ended up with a wide assortment of most of the ones out there. Some have grown on me for their performance. The MTH Triplex is a great example of that. It will pull just about any train I can put together. So it has become a favorite.

The MTH dash 8 is my main go to engine and I have many older ones that keep running with out any issues. I modified a few and used the guts in my SD70ACE that I run. That one is my favorite diesel.

I don't own more expensive engines so I can't comment on those or compare them. So I thought I'd ask here about what is others favorite engine to see what I am missing.

My favorite is the last one I purchased. So now it is a Mogal. When I started, it was a Mallet and a Dash 9. Lost count, love narrow and standard gauge, steam and diesel, but most I love the ones with great sound. I'm still installing Phoenix sound as I get time. Just did 4 SD45's, 2 E8's and a Mogal. MTH is great to, love the sync'd smoke and control system. Must be a mood thing..............Jim

592ab89987fe2_20170325_155112(1).thumb.jpg.79c0bba92662033759aa9e6d411add05.jpg

I really understand what you said. I have a favorite and then get a new engine. That gets my full attention and becomes the go to engine to watch it run.

I think most people that like trains, like all trains!

I'm just wondering if there will be a clear favorite, like a USA Trains Bigboy for example, that I don't have. There may have to be categories to answer this properly?

I think Jim said it well
"My favorite is the last one I purchased ."

Sometimes I think it's the one I don't have??;)

Joe I do like all trains. I have a favorite in numerous companies lol

But to to stop fooling around and answer your question.  It's going to be hard for me not to say currently it's the Rail King Big Boy when I get track down and start running outside.

IMG_0210.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...