AML cars

enginear joe

I'm always behind on what's hot. With the closing of Ridge Rd, I don't get to see much without ordering in the dark. I see some AML cars at RLD and wondered how they are? Are the details sturdy and scale? Are the cars weighted correctly? How are the trucks and wheels? I may just pull the trigger on a couple to see how they're built. They look good in the pics. Love the modern stuff!!

I had 4 of the Milwaukee Road yellow ones that were the 2011 NGRC show cars. They were impressive looking, nice & big but I sold them. Every car was damaged in shipping in the car end sill area where the underframe meets it..just needed to be reglued. The manufacturer assembled the car after it was painted hence the glue didn't hold. The Kadee coupler pad mount is very weak. The covers ontop of the car didn't like to stay in the closed position and the paint was applied so light on the yellow cars that daylight showed thru them! The die-cast metal trucks were okay but not up to USA Trains standards.

Wow, very candid. Thank's for explaining that. Maybe they're adjusting over where they're made. I've heard a lot of plants closed and manufacturers have changed suppliers over there. I really like most of the cars that I've bought from Aristo, USA, and MTH so far. Each has it's flaws. I would prefer to see cars before I buy them.

Your probably right about them adjusting where they're made..most first runs of anything usually has it's share of problems.

Personaly I like the AML Bethgon Coal Porter hoppers much better..about the same price but way cool and modern!

For covered hoppers I still like the LGB's..heck you can play football with those things they're so rugged!

• 5 months later...

• 10 months later...

• 2 months later...