MTH Nebraska Corn Car

Jerry B44

I could not resist this ugly MTH car, seeing as I live in Nebraska and am surrounded by corn fields. I also have a MTH Big Boy on the way. It is #4004, the one on display at Holiday Park in Cheyenne. I went to high school there and my mother in law still lives there. I usually get down to the UP Steam Shop for a tour, will for sure when they get the Big Boy in there for restoration!

post-49-0-31270400-1393608128.jpg

Hehe I guess this was an actual paint scheme it looks like??  Very interesting that you went to high school there.   I have yet to visit or get a tour but with the 4014 on the way I will be paying a visit there sometime in the near future.  I'll need to check up on times they offer tours.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi: I just found a few weeks ago some of those Northwest meat packer reefers that were offered many years ago that I had been looking for for some time: I found a Raskin Siouxland beef reefer and a Wilson Car lines reefer, I was very glad as these are absolutely prototypical liveries (as seen in Reefer Cars a colour guide by Gene Green at Morningside books) the car body is a bit different (no horizontal seams) and these have pug doors were there should be swinging doors. But I can live with that. And it is just possible that some may have gotten some  while in shopping. They add some variety to my Accucraft ones. They have roof walks with round holes, and make a nice variety with the Accucraft ones. once equiped with scale wheels body mounted kadees and with the wheelbase lengthened they look just as good.