This is rbrown7713 and I am selling all of my train stuff, so look through my posts and if anything looks good email me, rbrown77138@verizon.net

I am starting out slow with my stuff and the first thing is the Garich E-8 molds.  I have all of the part molds and also a mold to make the B unit.  Here is a picture of the molds and I have many extra small parts.  Taking offers. Bob.

IMG_2364.JPG

19 hours ago, rbrown7713 said:

I forgot to include these items E-8 shells, also included in the sale.

IMG_2365.JPG

MrBrown, do you by chance have any Lackawanna Booton passenger car (s) for sale or would you know who may custom make such cars?  In advance, thank you.  Regards, Jeff Larkin 

Jeff, I found some pictures of a Boonton passenger car and they look like they are heavyweights.  I have molds for some heavyweights, trucks etc.  but they are 85 ft. and have 3 axle trucks.  I have two J&M cars and 3 Kern valley Railway cars all 85 ft. and 3 axle trucks. Bob

Nice stuff you're offering but I guess that you're not really interested in selling as the first topic listed in the for sale forum states "Read First before posting here"...http://www.gscaletrainforum.com/index.php?/topic/1424-read-first-before-posting/

Since this isn't a auction site it states...  

Conditions for posting items for sale:

• Price for each item is REQUIRED in the body of post.

I wonder, with the train market the way it is if the Garich molds would be taken up by someone to cast and sell shells. Seems fewer folks are in the hobby and few know of Garich. those were quite the thing,  in their day. Some guy bought the Great Trains molds, but have not heard of him casting any to sell.

Yes, it would take someone who is really into E8s, it would b e a nice project for someone, Bob. If someone were to start from scratch and have the molds made it would cost 15 to 20 thousand, I am only asking 6,000. Bob.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, they are 1:32.  Garich Light Transport produced these in the early 90's.  Very good likeness to the prototype.  There is more info. on this website, just search Garich Light Transport.  I have made molds for the rest of the loco.  I have poured 3 shells from the mold and it works beautifully.  The power was from NWSL, 3 axle trucks which they are not presently making.  I suppose that if a quantity of these were ordered, they might make them, I don't know.  Another source of the trucks could be the MTH dash 8.  The wise way would be to buy a used one, then you would have the electronics and the trucks.  There might have to be a slight adjustment to the length of the side rails to fit the motor block.  I have molds for the NWSl motor block case, but the gears, motor and shafts would have to be manufactured. There are original metal parts also that would be sent.  I also have a few NWSl motor blocks and they would be sent also.  There are grills already made from Plano etching and if more would be needed, I have instructed them to make them with my  tooling and sell them to anyone.   A mold of one end of the A unit is also included so as to make a B unit.  The molds are to my knowledge to be complete and if there is anything missing, it would not be much and that would be up to you to make those parts. I provided a complete kit to someone and to my knowledge there is nothing missing.  The price is 6,000.00 and the cost of shipping would be what ever it is.  I would suggest you come to Fl. and pick it up, then there would be no dispute as to what you are recieving.

• 2 weeks later...

This post is for Fonzie.  Thanks for the heads up on my not following the rules about the price, and I apologize for the misstep, but, actually I have sold some items that were represented by my posts in "For Sale", so all wasn't lost.  Bob.