enginear joe

installed meters in the power mag!

Looks good Joe :)  I'm someone that has to see what the actual operating voltage and amps are and it's the final touch for that nice unit.

The BW 25TDR has them and I got used to knowing what's going on. With the brick, you can't really know anything until a breaker pops or fuse blows. I think watching the amp draw, could help show when an engine has something going wrong like binding or such.

I like that the MTH engines and upgrades, can show what voltage they're seeing at the track. Also looking at the signal strength, helps show where the layout has any weaknesses.

mark_s   

Although EBay is probably less expensive, a good source for meters is Digikey (www.digikey.com) - they have almost 400 different volt meters available there.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?pv183=7018&FV=fff4002d%2Cfff80344&k=Meter&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25

will take you to a page where they have their voltmeters, you can sort by LED or LCD, number of digits, size etc...

Meters are always a good idea!

Ivar   

The same as I have done in my power lines.

Volt and amp for train power, and just volt for my 5V and 12V for light and acesories.

Ivar

post-89-0-14127700-1438711693_thumb.jpg