shipping locos!!

enginear joe

Alright I'm getting T O' d. Fourth engine (product) in a row that is damaged from not being packed correctly. Guys, if you don't have the box, or if you're missing the insert in USA's, tape something to the end of the engines!

The guys are going to stand these things on end at sometime during shipping. Now the whole coupler assembly is snapped off. It was bubble wrapped and taped great. There were plenty of styro peanuts in the box. But all that stuff still left all the weight on the coupler assembly which can't survive. Ditch lights, hand rails etc.

So take a minute and make something that attaches to the body to stand on end. Or tell the customer that you don't have the box!!! Urggg!!

Goodness, what a pain!  Diesels are the easiest to ship safely too.  Hard to believe they are so badly packed that they're getting destroyed!  One thing I do know with USA three axle engines, that it's important to make sure the trucks are properly padded so they can't move around too much.  Stuff packing up on top of the motorblock to help ensure that front floppy truck doesn't snap off as I have heard happen in the past.

Raymond

Yeap, both of these are snapped clean off. Rear coupler assembly too. Ditch lights also, but they snap back on. Horns are snapped off the top. Someone took the trucks apart and all the gears and flex shafts are wrong, so maybe stuff was broke before??? I can tell when I find the broken plastic pieces come rolling out of the box first thing. It's not going to be pretty.

• 1 year later...

• 3 weeks later...

Well I received 2 el cheapo steamers from the Trainz auction site. They were both just tossed into a big box full of packing peanuts?? Why they couldn't bubble wrap the things a few times is beyond me. For what they charged for shipping ($39.99) I'd think they could do better. Then again they called a Lionel Atlantic a Aristo locomotive...even though the Atlantic has Lionel builders plates on the smokebox sides??!!

Well I received 2 el cheapo steamers from the Trainz auction site. They were both just tossed into a big box full of packing peanuts?? Why they couldn't bubble wrap the things a few times is beyond me. For what they charged for shipping ($39.99) I'd think they could do better. Then again they called a Lionel Atlantic a Aristo locomotive...even though the Atlantic has Lionel builders plates on the smokebox sides??!!

Chuck

All of my experiences with Trainz have been very poor.

Tom

I have had better luck with Trainz, and a tough time with sellers getting out of the hobby that don't care. Guys that had better RRs and in it longer, packed stuff better and most kept the boxes!

Trainz usually bubble wraps stuff and then adds the styro peanuts. Maybe I've been lucky?

I had a seller shrink wrap a passenger car so tight, the truck side frames snapped off. He blamed it on the shipper.

Did you get that Pennsy Atlantic?

Mark, No I won a Great Northern version BUT at least they used the belpaire firebox like the PRR. Everytime I see a PRR listed it brings more $$$ than I care to spend. 

Chuck

All of my experiences with Trainz have been very poor.

Tom

Tom, 

Yeah that place is something else. I watched some items not sell and be re-listed with lower prices for several weeks in a row. I'll bid on the items and at the last few seconds somebody snipes the auction but the clock re-sets itself at 10 minutes. So me and whoever will bid something up to where the selling price is higher than the last time it was listed. I back out of bidding. The next week the same item is re-listed with a lower price and I win it....Gotta know how to play the "game" with them.

I also once put in a high bid on a item a few days before it ended I knew I wasn't going to be home so my high bid was a few hundred $$$ higher. At the last few minutes somebody came in and bumped the price up all the way up to but just under my high bid. Their next bid would have been higher than mine but they conveniently stopped $5.00 short of my high bid...more Trainz "games"??!!  

I have had better luck with Trainz, and a tough time with sellers getting out of the hobby that don't care. Guys that had better RRs and in it longer, packed stuff better and most kept the boxes!

Trainz usually bubble wraps stuff and then adds the styro peanuts. Maybe I've been lucky?

I had a seller shrink wrap a passenger car so tight, the truck side frames snapped off. He blamed it on the shipper.

Joe, I've done that too! That is shrink/ saran wrap a car or loco to keep detail parts from falling off. It works great but I never wrapped it so tight that the truck frames broke!! WOW!!!

Chuck,

That's the version I had back when they first came out.  I hope you really like it!  I've bought mostly freight cars from Trainz and all the stuff arrived in good shape.  The one time I bought a playmobile freight depot, and what showed up was complete junk.  They offered a full refund, but I split the difference with them instead, figuring I could build 'something' with the pieces.  So far, that hasn't happened. Still, I'm only out $15.  

I find with auctions that I put in my highest bid, and if that's where I win it, so be it. 

Mark,

It's a orphan locomotive...dirty...broken with a mainrod & crosshead missing...engineer & fireman figures are long gone.

Belongs in the Polar Express unwanted toy car and/ or Island of Misfit Toys :(