Ray, what you say about the big boy selling out before the containers reached the US is great news. It may make Mike Wolf think twice about G scale and that is good for the scale and for us. I hope the next catalog will reflect that success , by introducing some real new items, not just redecorations. Cross our fingers...

I would think they might have some new stuff. Seem to be selling out of what they bring in anyway. With USA about the only other one doing anything much I'd think a few more would drift into 1/32nd scale.  Freight especially, since they vary in size so much.

Ray

1st, thanks for sending me my first 4 Freedom cars. Sure hope the engine gets here somewhere close to its schedule shipment.:Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

I was under the impression that the RailKing One Gauge catalog has only been coming out every other year. Is that accurate?

Seems like MTH is doing a good job on shipping items from this last (2017) catalog anyway.

Larry:Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

MTH was putting out a One-Gauge catalog every year until like 2008, after then it's been every other year. But before it was a 2 year wait from a cataloged item until it shipped...now it appears they've already gave the go ahead to produce before the catalogs are published. :Surprised_Face_Emoji(24x24):

I say that because when the 2017 catalog appeared in Jan. a few weeks later some of the hoppers and tank cars started shipping...which is fine by me as no more loooong delays.

Hmm...catalog discrepancy as the new cars are cataloged as having silver trucks. The MTH catalog disclaimer reads as "Each item's graphic features and content are subject to change after publication."

5a08648197049_WhatsAppImage2017-11-08at8_23_28AM.thumb.jpeg.e0a0265c08f8dfbc28335670562a4f57.jpeg 

On 11/12/2017 at 7:11 AM, Chuck said:

Hmm...catalog discrepancy as the new cars are cataloged as having silver trucks. The MTH catalog disclaimer reads as "Each item's graphic features and content are subject to change after publication."

5a08648197049_WhatsAppImage2017-11-08at8_23_28AM.thumb.jpeg.e0a0265c08f8dfbc28335670562a4f57.jpeg 

Hmm. Is that an older release on the left? It looks like it also has ribbed sides. I would have expected consistency here.

They are nice looking cars though. I think they have more detail than the new Accucraft cars.

The car with the sliver trucks is an older prior release.  Not sure if the grey was intended or a mistake.  I would have expected new to be silver as well.  

The older has ribbed vs newer is the smooth side.