Bachmann Connie

Screwy Nick

About 12 years ago converted it to Battery and used the LocoLink remote system and am very happy with it.  About 9 years ago brought it down and it wouldn't move, found a gear was cracked and slipping on the axle.  I looked to NWSL and found a replacement, "that is more robust than the factory gear".   Was very happy with the result, ran fine that year and then back on the shelf.  Brought it down last week, and no go.  I knew the battery was dead so ordered replacements. I reconfigure DeWalts knock offs, a lot of power at a very reasonable price. While waiting for them tested with a regulated power supply set to 14.5V.  Started at the beginning, power.  Traced the entire circuit right up to the motor.  I should have started there, the more robust axle gear is cracked.  Bachmann now offers an axle with a brass gear fixed to it.  Will arrive end of the week, and she'll be strutting down the track once again.   

fullsizeoutput_5ff.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_601.jpeg

I'm no audio expert, do remember instructing customers that speaker phones sound best when in a room with soft surfaces, carpet, drapes, dropped ceilings etc.  So this is worst case scenario.  My first time 'hearing' it with my aids.  Beauty is in the EAR of the beholder.  enjoy

3KrWVxvlQjK6Z83s3A596A.jpg

„ As someone who is hearing impaired and has recently been given aids, I know that we don't all hear things the same way.“

Yes, that's right, I never hear my wife... sometimes that's good, sometimes less :)

sounds good!

Regards

Jan

Jan, thank you.  Maybe you jest, but there is a lot of truth in that statement.  I learned the female of our species vocal range is usually higher pitch than male, and that is usually the first range to go.  So in some cases we are really not hearing them, in others it's referred to as 'selective hearing'. 

Years ago a friends dad who had hearing aids pulled me aside and said "I usually turn them way down as don't really want to hear anything this family has to say."

Nick, Great hatch cover retainer...very prototypical!