Aristo-Craft continuing as Polk's GeneratioNext

SteamPower4ever

Hi all,

I read somewhere here in the forum about Aristo-Craft closing.

Now, you guys probably know the history better than me, and maybe you know this already, but from what I picked up on a German site and on the company site itself, it looks like Aristo-Craft is now being continued as Polk's GeneratioNext, offering G-scale track and eventually rolling stock and accessories.

That's gotta be good news if you were sad to see A-C go.

Best regards

Jens

Yes it is good news. I like their line of track I use and look forward to getting more. I'm interested to see if they'll also offer the rest. I've got a string of their coal hoppers and Evans box cars growing whenever I can find them.

Thanks for sharing that Jens.  I too was encouraged by seeing the new start-up.  I wasn't sure what if any that we would see in the way of engines and rolling stock.   Guess we will see but at least there is some hope to see something!  More consumer choice is better for all of us.

I too got an Email from them showing the items they presently offer.  Hope that grows too, I may order the tie strips as I have plenty of rail but few ties.  The last time I ordered rail from them I had to order the ties from a different supplier.  

I talked to Scott and Navin at the York show. Expectations are we will see downloadable sound files for the REVO in 2 months, new ore cars next year. Next shipment will include FA's, C-16's, 0-4-0's & other items, you have to crawl before you can run. I'm just guessing here, but this may allow Scott to start getting some spare parts that are affiliated with these loco's and others. The FA's use the new SD-45 smoke units. Just my thoughts and I could be wrong.

Well that is great to hear and definitely would imagine this would and will take some time to build up.  At least it's moving that direction instead of not being there at all!

Thanks for sharing.

I was encouraged to hear the news of the locomotives returning in the near future as well.  Having just purchased four 0-4-0s as Christmas gifts (2 were for my kids), it's good to hear that there will be (likely) parts to support them!  I love my FA's and am likewise glad to hear more will be made.  It is interesting to note that the FA and the 0-4-0 were among the earliest REA/ aristo products made.  Both operate on R1 curves (although you'll want to be careful backing the FA through reverse curves).  I swapped shells on a modern FA-1 a few years ago to replace a nearly dead New Haven black box FA-1 and that newer style FA sits lower and runs great. 

I know there are a lot of folks out there who were hoping for the Ore Cars and the Heritage Dash 9s. Maybe those will see the light of day.

One thing that should be kept in mind with this new company is it is being done 'on the side'.  Meaning it is more like a garage business than what we've become accustomed to from the former Aristo Craft.  Luckily, I have so much other work to do on my railroad that buying more stuff right now isn't a problem!

• 2 months later...

• 2 years later...