next big MTH steamer and big diesels?

enginear joe

I hope they make UP #844 as they already have most of it made. The pedestal tender along with cab & running gear mold work is done. Same with the front & rear locomotive trucks. All they need is the boiler and Bingo!!

Then maybe they should make the auxiliary UP style water tenders as those can go behind 844, Challengers & Big Boys.

Re-run the UP passenger cars with maybe a new dome & baggage car :)   

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if the skyline cassing on the daylight can be removed on the MTH model as it comes very close in proportins to the RF&P 4-8-4 that are such beauty queens, especially the ones with the Hitchins tenders and I would like to try to kitbash this. The main problem is that the drivers although same size are not the correct kind for the RF&P ones. Making it near impossible although the two designs seem to be derived from one another. Nice job on that UP FEF Jerry.  Aster is coming out with one soon, but at what price?

Thanks Raymond:

I figured from the close up photos I had seen that it was cast integral with the rest of the boiler, but I wasn't sure. It would be a difficult kit bash never the less because of the drivers. Besides I like most of my steamers to be live steam. It's OK for diesels and electrics to be electrically driven, but I prefer live steam for steam locos.