Rayman4449

MTH 2015 One Gauge Catalog

I put a down payment on one.  Ray has a setup on email, as you send payment he keeps track of it and sends an email back. So makes buying an expensive(to me) engine a lot easier.  Sorta like car payments, but are BB payments.

ramburgy   

Ray,

I'll take a 4014 also.  Just let me know a couple of months ahead so I can set aside the money.  This order is only valid if I'm still alive then! ;)

I preordered a 4014 BB from Ray and made a similar comment, wondering about being on the planet to receive it. :-)

I guess you are right Raymond, economically it is risky at the present, But I do feel that when manufacturers offered a model that was produced in great numbers, the price was affordable and that this trend towards catering to the pre ordered is only making prices for the same product go up without any increase in quality for the customer. Its true though that MTH did a lot a few years ago before the economic crash and I adhere fully to what you say about that.

My way of limiting myself is to choose a given prototype and stick to it, This comes from model railroading for years, so unfortunatly Big boys and Chalengers as well as the GS4 are out form me. I did caress at one point the dream of kitbashing a GS4 into one of the RF&P beautifull 4-8-4 with the Hitchens tenders, but the fact that the skyline cassing of the GS4 is molded on and cannot be removed sort of made me scrap that idea, also the fact that the disk drivers weren't correct for the RF&P engines. Since I have also discovered that the polycarbonate doesn't work with solvents (and I even tried chlorophorm...), not too good for kitbashing... I also considered taking a triplex to make a couple of PRR hyppo's out of it but that too seemed a bit far fetched. I think it is better to start from scratch in brass and steel. I am an Appalachian railroad fan so that's why I won't go for a Big Boy.

What I was really hoping for from MTH was some more freight cars and newer types of cars too, not just reeditions of older releases with new paint schemes. We still don't have a gondola or a tank (1940-'58 era)  car in 1/32 scale, nor do we have a stock car, so there is still quite a lot that could be produced and that probably would sell quite well. I build a lot myself so when a product is issued that fits my need, I try to buy it instead of scratchbuilding it.

This is a fantastic hobby, very far reaching and fulfilling , so it is good that a manufacturer like MTH doesn't throw in the towel during difficult times.

The 40' Box Cars (MTH One Gauge) are now available:

70-74078 Pennsylvania - Car #105034 

70-74079 Pennsylvania - Car #105039  

70-74080 New Haven - Car #32183 

70-74081 New Haven - Car #32189  

70-74082 Burlington (CB&Q) - Car #35020  

70-74083 Burlington (CB&Q) - Car #35037  

70-74084 Great Northern - Car #27010 

70-74085 Great Northern - Car #27017 

70-74086 Santa Fe - Car #38524 

70-74087 Santa Fe - Car #38527  

70-74088 Western Pacific - Car #20954  

70-74089 Western Pacific - Car #20957  

That's the date MTH has currently posted, but I still say expect to see the engine in about 2 years from catalog announcement date.  That said, those getting the pre-orders in now is the right thing, this ensures you have one reserved in the production run and also gives MTH an idea of the overall demand to help make sure the right quantity is made.

That's the date MTH has currently posted, but I still say expect to see the engine in about 2 years from catalog announcement date.  That said, those getting the pre-orders in now is the right thing, this ensures you have one reserved in the production run and also gives MTH an idea of the overall demand to help make sure the right quantity is made.

I agree with this timeline.   It was almost 2 years from my pre order of an HO big boy from  MTH a few years ago

Heads-up on the new WiFi App and DCS 5.00 to be released this month.  The WIU (WiFi Interface Unit) which is required for the Wifi app to work will be avail mid-Nov.  If you're interested in getting one I would place a pre-order now.

http://www.gscaletrainforum.com/index.php?/topic/35-dcs-control-with-a-pc-ipadandroid-pad-wireless-phone/page-2#entry5731

There is only one Dash-8 currently on pre-order, the rest are already in-stock with one being sold out already.  Again, expect delivery on the Big Boy 2 years from the catalog announcement date.

Jim if you would like to cancel the pre-order you have placed through me for the Big Boy just let me know.

I'm sure most everyone understands but wanted to make sure.. the 4014 will come with an oil bunker and will not have a coal in the tender.  

4014 tender will look something like this:

post-16-0-26555300-1445273578_thumb.jpg

I have an AA set of MTH PA's and only one engine has DCS board and the other is a slave. And if you have a PB unit the control is passed thru it from control engine to slave engine by means of ribbon cables. Will the Norfolk Southern - AA Set - (#4271 & 4270) - (Proto-Sound 3.0) be the same?

...................Jim

MTH DCS ver 5.00 and the new Loader Program v5.00 are now available:  (You will need to upgrade the TIU and Remotes to DCS 5.00 to use the new Wifi App and must use the new v5.00 Loader Program)

http://www.gscaletrainforum.com/index.php?/topic/694-mth-dcs-consumer-loader-v500-current-version/

http://www.gscaletrainforum.com/index.php?/topic/693-mth-dcs-remote-tiu-firmware-v500-current-version/ 

Update:

MTH is saying the following items will be arriving at MTH between now and Jan 15, 2016:

70-2112-1.jpg

Item No. 70-2112-1 Southern Pacific F-7 AA Diesel Set With Proto-Sound 3.0

70-2113-1.jpg

Item No. 70-2113-1 Southern Pacific F-7 A Unit Diesel With Proto-Sound 3.0

70-2114-3.jpg

Item No. 70-2114-3 Southern Pacific F-7 B-Unit Diesel (Non-Powered)

70-65028.jpg

Item No. 70-65028 Southern Pacific 3-Car Streamlined Passenger Car Set (Smooth)

70-67028.jpg

Item No. 70-67028 Southern Pacific Streamlined Passenger Coach (Smooth)

70-68028.jpg

Item No. 70-68028 Southern Pacific Streamlined Passenger Observation Car (Smooth)

Also to update everyone I have received the WIUs in so they are now available for those wanting one.

See the WIU thread for more info:

http://www.gscaletrainforum.com/index.php?/topic/35-mth-wifi-control-app-wiu-wifi-interface-unit/ 

Cost info:  http://www.rayman4449.com/MTH/MTH_OneGauge.htm#DCS_WiFiModule_50-1034

*Remember you will need to update your TIU to DCS ver 5.00 in order to operate the WIU. (see the WIU thread for info and links to instructions).*

FYI to everyone, I now have the new PS3 boards to upgrade existing PS2 engines.  Please visit my website and email me if interested.

I have also updated the "Protosound 3 thread" here:  http://www.gscaletrainforum.com/index.php?/topic/429-protosound-3-whats-new-with-mths-ps3-vs-ps2/ 

Also wanted to share another benefit of going to the new PS3 (this is for both factory and upgrade PS3 boards)... in the past if an engine (that was being powered by DC power) missed/didn't sense the TIU initial power up signal, it would start up with lights and sound and start up running at full track power speed (thinking it should be running under analog power).  The PS3 boards no longer do that.  If a PS3 engine misses that signal it will power up lights and sound but stay put and not actually move.  This brings the behavior of how engines operated under AC power now to DC (as this is how the PS2 engines operated under AC power).

PS3 will be a worth while upgrade for us in G scale.  

To recap the key benefits for G scale/One Gauge:

- Significantly improved signal processor on the engine board.  (If you have had signal/communication issues in the past on your layout, this should resolve it or significantly reduce any issues.  Best results, run PS3 with Rev L TIU)

- This is relevant for G scale because of the much larger size of the layouts and conditions faced outdoors.

- Improved audio amplifier for higher sound quality

- PS3 sound files:  Can now load these to your engine which have greatly enhanced sound quality.

- No more missed TIU start up signals:  Engines stay put and will not move if they miss the TIU startup signal on initial power up.  (Applies to DC power operation)

If you had engines missing the signal in the past moving to PS3 should eliminate or greatly reduce this happening.

- Eliminates the need for the polarity switch on the engine as the PS3 board is no longer polarity sensitive.  

- Eliminates the need for the on-board rechargeable battery pack (the only maintenance item you had on the engine)

- Can now run under DCS or DCC.