Rayman4449

MTH 2015 One Gauge Catalog

178 posts in this topic

From M. Wolfe

A Message From Mike Wolf On The MTH G Scale Big Boy

"The G Scale Big Boy should be out in June 2016. We re-tooled the Tender to

make it an Oil Tender as the 4014 Big Boy that is being restored will use.

We have added a SMOKING WHISTLE as we had on the G-Gauge Triplex.

So when you blow the whistle in DCS smoke will come out of it. It has

two powerful DC Motors. Every G-Gauge Collector will need this engines

as it is the most famous MTH has ever built. It will now come

with PS-3 Sound System that now includes all the DCC Functions.

All MTH prior G-Gauge Steam Engine had PS-2, which didn't have DCC."

MTH G Scale

Be prepared for delivery to be delayed well into 2017.

This is apparently no different from European manufacturers. I talked to the guys at the club about the constant delays on my F7s, but they're waiting just as long for German models, so I guess it's par for the course.

My problem with MTH is that they post shipping dates that they must know will not hold. When I ordered my F7s in May '14 they were scheduled for June '14. Since then I've lost track of the number of delays.

Instead of posting a date, I'd prefer they did something similar to KM-1.

They post an estimate - with a progress bar that is actually being updated.

Anyway, with half the F7s out and the SP version close, mine must be close also. I'm not taking any bets on February, though.

Jens

Cool.  B) Too bad I'm not subscribing anymore.

While the MTH coaches are still too short for my taste, the ON colours are absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for posting.

Jens

I can confirm that some of the F-7 units have shipped and are available as I have received the SP Black Widows.

I wanted to share that the Big Boy #4012 model (70-3027-1) is now sold out. (I have directly confirmed this with MTH)  If you were wanting to order a Big Boy you will want to get your pre-orders in ASAP.   Based on this latest update it would seem to confirm the go for production has already been given and are not still in the waiting stage trying to collect orders.  

I see MTH changed the Big Boy ship dates to July......and so it begins

Wonder why the delay.   If it comes late 4th quarter, will miss the opportunity to run it outside till next spring.  Oh well.  

Glad my old one I repaired is still going.  Hope it holds up till 4014 makes it in port.

Mr. Wolfe could not make it in my business. For everyday I maybe late on delivery can cost my client a $1,000,000.00 per day..................#!&+##!

Neither would Accucraft.  Friend of mine lost $1000 in deposit in the 5 year wait on two pre-ordered Alleghenys when St Aubins closed up as they took off with his deposit money.  (That was back when the engines were priced at around $2700 or so)

I think the problem is with overseas management. The companies control the importers delivery dates.

On March 22, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Rayman4449 said:

I wanted to share that the Big Boy #4012 model (70-3027-1) is now sold out. (I have directly confirmed this with MTH)  If you were wanting to order a Big Boy you will want to get your pre-orders in ASAP.   Based on this latest update it would seem to confirm the go for production has already been given and are not still in the waiting stage trying to collect orders.  

How could it be Sold Out before they delivered any. If that were true then just make more. Should be easy since they haven't made any yet. 

They've already put in the production order and just because they aren't delivered yet doesn't mean actual production hasn't started.  If they have already made the specified number of frames for instance you don't go back and do that process all over again just for a more limited specific number more, doesn't work that way.  

I wonder if we'll be running the BB in the snow?B)

I'd love to test her on my layout to see how she pulls. I want to pair her up with the triplex pushing. I have a feeling there'll be some derails. I'd better get to work on the rolling stock conversions. I'd like to add some weight to the MTH car's trucks. I wish they were metal.

Hi,

does anyone know where to buy one of the Big Boys in Europe? I can't find any retailers. 

//Henrik

I can't speak to dealers in Europe but I do ship overseas.

Ray, have you heard any more about the BB and if October delivery still looks good?

Paul Torrey

Looks like the #4014 (70-3026-1) was moved from October to December.  The #4012 (70-3027-1) was moved to November.  Not holding  much hope of seeing these any time soon.  Would like to see a note from Mike Wolfe on this to explain what the delay is about.  If they're not going to be made, just say it so we can cancel our pre orders.