BB 4004 in Cheyenne

Jerry B44

Thanks for sharing the pics Jerry.   Every time I see one in person I'm reminded of just how massive these engines were, they are huge!  It's a reminder to me also of the mechanical engineering challenge that existed in making a machine of this size and weight run fast and smoothly for so many miles between shoppings.  

• 4 weeks later...

You get around ivar. I am 60 miles from North Platte. Took a lot of pictures of the Challenger there when I was scratch building one from two Pacifics. Worked okay, but bought the MTH one, like the 1/32 scale. My Challenger worked out to about 1/25 scale I think, it is huge!

You get around ivar. I am 60 miles from North Platte. Took a lot of pictures of the Challenger there when I was scratch building one from two Pacifics. Worked okay, but bought the MTH one, like the 1/32 scale. My Challenger worked out to about 1/25 scale I think, it is huge!

In 1:25 it must be realy big, wow.

I have been so lucky that at have visited your country 4 times. My daughter was first an exange student a year in Superior, NE. Visited her there. Drive from Chicago to Nebraska, and over to Colorado, Wyoming, Souht Dakota and back to Nebraska. Very nice trip.

Next time she would study she goes to Sioux Falls, SD. Was there to and took a roundtrip again. Then she was home two years and then goes to Oregon to take a master.

Was there two times visiting her, so I have driven the coast road from Washington to San Francisco both winter and summer. In the vinter From San Francisco to Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam, back to Oregon. In the summer, 4th of July in Monmouth where Western Oregon University are. Then down to Crater Lake on over to the great Yellowstone National Park. Then back to Oregon via seattle, Washington

You have a wonderful country. It's so different from Norway.