Bachmaan making Aristo Eggliners

Jerry B44

I have to wonder what "got the rights" really means anymore? There is a lot of this going on in toy train manufacturing of all scales. I hear stories of stolen molds and copying things, factories pushing out the rightful owners, etc. Any smaller company is (probably) pushed around even more?

I think MTH's problems with one gauge shipping dates is because of the suppliers in China.

When the shipping date is bumped over and over again - at one time a mere two days after I got a different reply by email - it's because they simply don't know or because they're stiffed over and over again by the manufacturer.

Something like that, anyway.

There's a reason why Märklin withdrew their manufacturing from Asia and returned to Europe.

Jens

Well Kader Holdings owns both Bachmann & Sand Kan, the later owns most all Aristo-Craft molds and did the assembly which makes Kader owner of Aristo...So they can produce about whatever they want be it eggliners or Dash-9's...IMHO.

Polk better get busy or he will loose it all except for the track as that was made elsewhere.

What I find odd is the whole offshore manufacturing mantra, and that being "it can be made cheaper" or "because of epa regulation we can no longer manufacture in the USA".

Meanwhile in the O Gauge world Lionel has started manufacturing boxcars in North Carolina which they are selling at a price that's 30% cheaper than their imported from China boxcars??  

The same thing that happened to Japan and Korea is now happening in China. As the younger generations evolve to be more like the Americans they develop labor unions and have vacations, hobbies etc.and that requires higher wages to enjoy the good life and eventually their exports become more expensive. I hear that Vietnam may be the next low cost manufacturing country.

EPA requirements do add cost to products. My wife was involved in the sale of huge scrubbers to clean the air for the Chinese Olympics. The air in China is awful. When the Chinese engineers visited here in Lebanon, Pa they were surprise to see that the sky is blue. We believe that after the Olympics that the scrubbers were shut down.

At present my company has partnership with Chines fabricator but they can not compete with our own shop in the UK. So we only use Chinese shop for projects in China.