Challenger Pulls NINE passenger cars.

Jerry B44

Living in Omaha and three houses from a RR Crossing, We will, once in a while, be treated the the real version of what you show there.  I'm not sure of the exact engine they use but we can certainly tell it's something different by the bells and whistles it uses!  Wenormal hear the loud blasts  from the UP Diesels and we tend to "tune them out"...  It's a whole different story when the old steamers come by...

Nice setup by the way!

Charles

I agree Ben.  I have always felt too my Challenger just looked perfect for the role of pulling a long passenger train.  Can you believe they are going to restore the 4014?  You going to go see it when they move it?

Newbie,

You building your own cars from scratch? I made some 1/29th ones for my Aristo FA & B about 20 years ago, before anyone made streamliner cars. Made a wood form, heated the 1/8 plastic on it in the oven, pulled it out and held it down flat with gloves till it cooled. Used compuer labels for the windows, then sprayed the outside, peeled off the labels to expose the clear plastic for the windows. Had an article on it in GR about 18 years ago or so.

post-49-0-61204600-1376148978_thumb.jpg

post-49-0-31926900-1376149007_thumb.jpg

post-49-0-67688300-1376149025_thumb.jpg