MTH new 2013 catalog

enginear joe

I believe the VO1000 may have finer wheel flanges?

At least they appear finer. They should be measured to see. Maybe because many of the dash 8s I have, have the dull stainless wheels that make them look thicker and/or larger. It will be interesting to see if they actually are bigger.

Well I don't have anything decent to measure with. I don't have any calipers here. The Dash 8s aren't as big as I thought they were. The newer units have shiny wheels and have the appearance of being finer scaled.

With a crappy ruler it looks like the VO1000 flanges stick out about 2.5mm from the wheel surface, and the Dash 8s are about 3mm?

I didn't measure the F series yet.

Hopefully someone else can measure more precisely?

( every time I come to this page, I drool over the Amtrak paint scheme! Looks like a different engine.)

The measurement I just took on a Dash-8 here (with PS2.0) was 2.35mm and it has the darkened wheels.  Some early runs may have utilized the aluminum colored wheels but most production was with the later darkened metal.  I don't think you will have any problems with the flanges but will measure a new PS3.0 when I open one (unless Joe the one you measured was a new PS3.0 model?).

Hey, I'm Dash 8 .... :D

Ray is right, that should work.
The wheels of the MTH diesel are all the same, the same diameter,
the same flange....
I also have Märklin track, can you see in the image.
MTH has the correct back to back spacing of the wheels, 40mm.
This is very important for turnouts like Märklin ( EX Hübner ) or Hegob, MSN....

post-654-0-45431700-1432329347_thumb.jpg

Just noticed online today that another Dash-8 is shipping,  70-2099-1.

So far the Dash-8s I see as available online is:

70-2096-1

70-2099-1

70-2100-1

70-2102-1

With the following still showing as still available to order but not arrived at MTH yet:

70-2097-1

70-2098-1

70-2101-1

They may still be going through arrivals but my guess is all should be available very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, things are happening according to Rays post with imminent shipments. Thanks for posting those, by the way  ;)

G scale is up. Still trying to figure out what they mean, though:

Santa Fe Dash-8 within the next two weeks - listed for May on the MTH site.

CSX Dash-8 within the next two weeks - listed for July on the MTH site.

Santa Fe and SP F7s MIA, but listed for June on the MTH site. Other F7s bumped to August.

Since the shipping dates on the MTH site are being changed, surely there is some logic behind, but I can't follow it. Anyway, since the Santa Fe F7 date is unchanged, I still hope it's right around the corner.

Can't bring'em to the club summer party on July 4th though. That's a pity. It's going to be a full operating day at the layout followed by a barbeque at one of the guys' home. Lots of fun will surely be had.

Jens

The items on the MTH shipping thread is what's shipping in the next two weeks.  If an individual product page has some other date listed for its target shipping, ignore it as it's out-of-date.  The twice monthly shipping list is the last word on product delivery.

At any given time MTH has a large number of catalog items scheduled for production, each with their own target shipping date that has to be checked and updated monthly.  It would seem understandable things would get out-of-date a month or so sometimes given that task alone must be large and time consuming. 

I can understand the sentiment but as a reminder for anyone that chooses to wait till the items ship before attempting to order, there is no guarantee that they won't be sold out before-hand.   I have seen a few of the F units be de-listed from the dealer on-line ordering which tells me they are either sold out or close to it.  Another example is some of the coal hoppers were sold out within a couple of weeks of their shipping.  MTH appears to be producing a tighter quantity of excess inventory than they did in the past.