Stationary rollers

markoles

I have just two of the Aristo G scale rollers I found used. They work great but I wish I had more. I believe it would take at least four of them for a six axle diesel and maybe even more for the biggest steamers?

I put the two under the trucks and the engine sits with the trucks balancing on them. I keep a hand on the engine incase it tries to rock it's way off.

There is the Märklin test stand with rollers. With 8 rollers catalog #59934, 4 rollers #59935, extra roller #59932.

It used to be made by SMT. Sometimes you can find them on eBay. A bit pricey, bit very nice tools. There's a speedometer too, I believe, if you want to fine tune DCC decoder settings.

Massoth has some also. Catalog #8101200 and 8101210.

Jens

I haven't seen the speedometers with the Märklin brand on them. The SMT catalog numbers are #10301 and #10302. I'm not sure about the difference, but you most likely want the '301, since the '302 is called something vario-duplex whatever.

There's some info and pictures of the 10301 at a German shop.

Oh, by the way, Märklin bought SMT some years ago, so new SMT stuff is hard to find.

Hi guys,

Any recommendations for stationary rollers?  I have several engines that I'd like to be able to run for testing purposes on rollers.  Has anyone used the Bachmann or Accucraft rollers?  Thoughts?

I have the Bachmann rollers. They work great! I use them for working on DCC locomotives, as well as a live steam engine.