Polks GeneratioNext

Chuck

Here's a TrainWorld TV video starring Scott Polk dated 7/7/2014  :)

He says that 2015 will be a great year with the introduction of the long promised ore car and Dash-9's in Heritage paint schemes :D

Well we're 5 months into 2015 so where's the goods??

I stopped to talk to Scott at the 2015 York show about these items. It seams the reason is now that the factory is dictating what they feel will sell, not what Scott wants. New sounds for the REVO is still no where in sight. Same old reply.......we need to record new sounds first. Now that the market has expanded to "O" and "HO" gauge, maybe will see, I mean hear them in the near future.

It is even hard to find used stuff to buy, not much on Ebay. Someone needs to make product. It seams USAT discontinued there ore cars and Bachmann has no new product.......................Jim

Well we're 5 months into 2015 so where's the goods??

it's in the same shipping container as the MTH stuff. They just ran out of days for the first Dash-8 shipments. I find it surprising that they still can't commit to a delivery date ...

I stopped to talk to Scott at the 2015 York show about these items. It seams the reason is now that the factory is dictating what they feel will sell, not what Scott wants.

Now that sounds a bit disturbing. If the manufacturer is running the show, it explains a lot ...

One more reason to abandon the Asian production lines - as more and more brands are doing.

Jens

I've been waiting for a long while now. I need a couple of #6 stainless right hand switches. What did they make last run. Like 10 of them?? (total!)

All I know is that they made at least one (which I bought ~Feb 2014). At the time RLD also had them in stock, but that would imply they made at least two! Considering the demand for these (I'd been begging for them for at least two years, and I wasn't the only one), I'm surprised they didn't produce a lot more.

All I know is that they made at least one (which I bought ~Feb 2014). At the time RLD also had them in stock, but that would imply they made at least two!

Now that's funny!!  :D

I'm using these #10 Sunset Valley Stainless...where they'll fit as they're 40" long!

post-23-0-17650800-1430583247_thumb.jpg 

• 1 month later...

Now I read that Scott has taken a full time job elsewhere...Don't really know if that bodes well for the GeneratioNext lineup  :mellow:

And Kader has them on a pay up front before we manufacture account...All I can think of is way to go Uncle Lewis  :angry:

It's a shame because I do like the Dash-9, heavyweights, 2-bay coal hoppers, 100 ton coal hoppers, evans boxcars etc...lately I've been looking for one of those big yellow control towers with no luck...I had one when they first came out but sold it...now all I see is ones that were used outdoors that are all twisted & warped.

Got this email today............Jim

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are doing well. Wanted to give a quick update on production and possible production.

Currently there is track being made. Brass items are in production now as the factory waits for the SS material which will then allow them to make everything else next month. It should be delivered, hopefully, in August. I'll send a list of what is being made following this email.

Trains. You have to remember that we brought in 2 containers of old merchandise that was left at the factory. At this point we are still being held up by items that were ordered by AristoCraft 4 years ago. They are items that we really don't want to start with so we have be trying to resolve how we can get around it. Once this is handled we will start producing trains.

Our business plan still holds strong. It has just taken a little longer then we expected. Believe the rumors if you want but the mess that was left in China is bigger then what has been left to believe. We are set on cleaning it up and moving forward.

Thanks,

Scott

Believe the rumors if you want but the mess that was left in China is bigger then what has been left to believe. We are set on cleaning it up and moving forward.

Boy that say's a lot!!

• 2 months later...

I can't imagine how anyone could invest heavily into this scale without any givens. Even track, now especially, isn't a sure thing. AML released their stainless track and I can't help but wonder how that is selling? There aren't many standards in G scale. Seems almost as if, every user goes with something different. I'm sure there are large groups of them in each that aren't all publicly seen.

All I can say is good luck to Gen Next. Their products were a huge part of making G scale where it is today. I can only hope it keeps getting better. I see a lot of bashers on other forums. I laugh as I see they have their products, but complain about everything. I hope this post doesn't degrade to that level. I can't imagine it is easy, to get any products out of these foreign countries with out bowing to a huge controlling ......... U know who.

Maybe someday, all these products will have that same name on their box. We won't have any choices then. They will tell us what's available.

• 4 weeks later...

Got an email from Scott....................Jim

Hi Everyone,

Finally, 1 of 2 containers of track has shipped. This first container has track, ties and joiners on it. The next container will have all the switches and the rest of the SS track. The list is below and these items are on the website too. www.polksgenerationext.com

GXT11350

RERAILER TRACK 

$29.00

GXT11900

JOINERS(12PACK)BRASS

$12.00

GXT20035

SS RAIL 8FT (12pcs) 

$605.00

GXT20199

SS RAIL JOINERS (12) 

$12.00

GXT20199B

SS RAIL JOINERS BULK (48pcs) 

$39.00

GXT30030

USA 1' BRASS STRAIGHT TRACK 

$181.50

GXT30033B

USA 1FT STRAIGHT TRACK TIE(48)

$95.00

GXT30060

USA 2' BRASS STRAIGHT TRACK 

$361.00

GXT30090

USA 3' STRAIGHT TRACK 

$546.00

GXT30122

USA BRASS CURVE TRACK 12.5' (16PCS)

$599.00

GXT30130

USA CURVE TRACK 16.5 DIAM 

$798.00

GXT30195

USA 60" STRAIGHT TRACK 

$870.00

• 1 month later...

Hey Everyone,

The first of two track containers will arrive soon. It contains mostly brass and some SS track. The second container, which is almost ready to ship will have all of the switches and the rest of SS on it. Also, we now have rail joiner packs of 100pcs. On the list below most of the MSRPs are set at 2012 pricing. Please call me at 201-738-9032 or email scott@polksgenerationext.com to hear about your stores discount.

Thanks,

Scott

ITEM DESCRIPTION MSRP

GXT11350 RERAILER TRACK $29.00

GXT11900 JOINERS(12PACK)BRASS $12.00

GXT20035 SS RAIL 8FT (12pcs) $605.00

GXT20199 SS RAIL JOINERS (12) $12.00

GXT20199B SS RAIL JOINERS BULK (100) $65.00

GXT30030 USA 1' BRASS STRAIGHT TRACK $165.00

GXT30033B USA 1FT STRAIGHT TRACK TIE(48) $95.00

GXT30060 USA 2' BRASS STRAIGHT TRACK $331.00

GXT30090 USA 3' STRAIGHT TRACK $497.00

GXT30122 USA BRASS CURVE TRACK 12.5' (16PCS) $551.00

GXT30130 USA CURVE TRACK 16.5 DIAM $726.00

GXT30195 USA 60" STRAIGHT TRACK $830.00

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this:

Hi Everyone,
We hope the you had a great Thanksgiving. Today is Black Friday and we have an event for you. G SCALE SWITCHES PRE-SALE. You can now pre-order #6 Switches, #6 Wye, and Wide Radius Switches. These items have just shipped and will be here by the end of December. Order your switches now because they are going to go fast. Order today and receive FREE shipping within the US.  CLICK HERE to ORDER.

Thank You

• 2 months later...