Wanted-Like New- MTH Big Boy, Challenger or Hudson

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

I bailed on the Hudson figuring it was talked about here. I could have started a bidding war!

Congrats as it looks like a good deal. I got a VO1000 from him a month ago.

Be glad you did not bid on this Hudson. It is a piece of junk. I believe the E-BAY seller is not honest. I did not realize how bad it was until it was too late to return it.

It was sold as like new on E-BAY. The seller failed to mention that the front lower corner had been broken off and glued back on. I got him to refund some of the money I paid for that. But buy the time I found out it wobbled down the track (probably a bent axle) it was too late to return it.

This E-BAY seller is dishonest to say the least. He claimed to be a personal friend of the owner of MTH. After the refund, I gave him a good review. But now I believe he deserves the worst possible!

The chassis of the engine is on its way back to MTH for repair. Maybe all will be OK in the end.

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

I have been eyeballing the engines they have listed and if you look at the bottom on the description it says the engines have not been tested but they can do an engine tuneup, this to me seems like a red flag. Essentially they are saying the engines may not work. Between that and the 441 Negative reviews i would be very cautious. 

I win auctions quite often from Trainz and I've never had a problem with them. Their feedback figures out to 97% positive which proves fine in my book esp. considering the amount of products those folks are selling. They have pretty good prices for long out of production MTH One-Gauge locomotives. If you pay them via PayPal you're covered if the item it received damaged or not as described. As far as something being wrong as in not tested that is a moot point as I do all my own train repairs including PS2 repairs.

So anybody here win one of those engines?

The Big Boy brought $1445.00 + 15% = $1661.75 + $21.99 shipping = $1,683.74  :o

Challenger sold for $860.00 + 15% = $989.00 + $21.99 shipping = $967.01  :)

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...

I spoke of some new MTH steam that I might make available on the bottom of the thread on the other  "Wanted Big Boy". The thread is from the member in Germany. I try not  to use eBay, some great guys, but to many dis-honest ones.   Ray Manley in KC, and I, have done business, and I like him, too.