MTH new 2013 catalog

enginear joe

Ok here is my One Gauge pricing page which is still under construction.  This includes 2013 items that can be pre-ordered and prior catalog items that are in-stock.  I just have locomotives on there but will be adding rolling stock and other items later as well.  As far as the old stock items I referred to earlier, that will be posted on this page as well.

http://www.rayman4449.com/MTH/MTH_OneGauge.htm

Some highlights:  

F7 - AA sets: $625.00

Dash-8s: $500.00

VO-1000: $470.00

PA - AA sets:  $590.00 (Prior catalog with ProtoSound 2, in-stock now)

Of course engines come pre-installed with full ProtoSound digital control of lights, smoke, sound, speaker, speed/direction and protocouplers.

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

I would need to confirm but I'm pretty certain that the AA set has the second A as a slave so it must be run with this main A.  I'm pretty certain of this given the price and the fact that they developed a slave board for PS3.  If you want two independent A units you can buy two single A units and that way you will have both fully equipped with dedicated PS3 boards.

No that's not correct.  The cab number on body shell has nothing to do with the ID number assigned to the engine by the remote when the engine is added.  When adding an engine to the remote, the remote selects an available unused ID number from its internal list and assigns that ID to the board in the engine.  The remote then adds the engine to that ID number slot in the remote itself for recalling it later.  You can have 50 Big Boys all with the same cab number but each have a unique remote ID address and all be uniquely accessible and controllable with no problem.

Sometimes I wonder about MTH as the 2010 catalog shows the F-7's only being offered as one unit being powered like this..

These are the Union Pacific F-7's...

• 70-2090-1 ProtoSound 2.0 A-Unit $429.95
  • 70-2090-3 Non-Powered B Unit     $199.95
  • 70-2090-4 Non-Powered A Unit     $249.95  

It's the same pricing for all 5 F-7 paint schemes being GN, UP, SF, M&M and SP.

But the F-3's were listed as A-A sets with both A units being powered like the Western Pacific F-3 Diesel A-A Set (4 motors) 70-2012-1 w/ Protosound 2 for $699.95  :)

The 2007 catalog is when the F-7's first shown in CN, NP, SF & CNW paint. Listed as F-7 A-A sets (4 motors) at a price of $699.95  :)

I had the 70-2043-1 SF Yellow Bonnet F-7 A-A Set and it indeed had both A units powered.

Now the 2013 catalog makes vague reference to 2 motors in each A unit. It'll be interesting to see what actually gets produced! 

Yeah I don't think they would bother selling two A units both with PS3 installed for that level of discount when they could just sell the single units.  I mean we can confirm but I'm certain that with the AA set the first has the PS3 installed and the second will have the slave unit (which controls all lights, motors and smoke on the slave unit but of course must be run with the primary A.  

That's what I mean is I don't understand why in 2007 they didn't offer the F-7 A-A sets both powered..unless maybe they ran out of slave boards at the time??

So a A-A set cost $679.99 and you only ended up with 1 powered unit...but they were selling F-3 A-A sets both powered for only $20.00 more??

Well at least they're coming!

When I sell MTH One-Gauge stuff on eBay it's amazing the emails I receive that state MTH is out of the One-Gauge business. So many folks out there just don't have a clue as to what's really going on.

All prior MTH One Gauge releases saw the delivery dates pushed out.  I just accept that it will happen but take ultimate comfort knowing that they for sure will be made and will get them eventually.  Look at it this way, for sure they won't take as long as the Accucraft GP60 :-)

I sometimes think that AML is acting like Aristo-Craft did, That is announce something and build anticipation then a year or so later cancel the idea with some bogus claim like we couldn't figure out how to package the thing for safe cost effective shipping to our customers.  

From what I've seen anything MTH catalogs in One Gauge does get produced...They may drop some paint schemes but the thing is made. Hey, 2014 is the MTH One Gauge Big Boy birthday as it was originally cataloged in 2004  :D

I think we should start a letter writing campaign to MTH asking them to make a 1:32 Dreyfuss Hudson in the 2-tone grey paint scheme w/ the thin blue lines...and the matching passenger cars!