MTH new 2013 catalog

enginear joe

I really wish MTH would make more operating accessories like what's available in o gauge. I could use a milk can throwing car, missile launcher, exploding boxcar, coal car unloader & loader etc :D  

It figures, I guess. When I was getting bored with my ACe build, well stalled anyways, I got my drawings together and laminated them to prepare for the ES44 build next. I pretty much wore out the drawings for the ACe and figured I should protect the next ones.

At least, I skipped the build when something motivated me to try a MP15AC build first. So now I'll skip the ES44 build altogether. They take me so long anyways, that MTH will probably deliver before I could build one completely. I have to admit I'm excited that MTH will move to a modern build for a change. It will be interesting to see how it sells. I wonder how long it will take from Mike's idea to delivery, if they even go ahead? I can admit that I will probably sell off stuff and/or prepare otherwise, if I know it's a firm go. Finally, something from them to run with the Dash 8s!!

Too bad on the AC build :(  The fact that he mentioned it would make me think that may be the next engine for One Gauge but hard to say.  Have to just wait and see when the time comes.  I would not take any action as far as selling anything until you see something in a catalog.  I do agree this would be something I will likely spring for when it comes available :)

I had the 70-2043-1 SF Yellow Bonnet F-7 A-A Set and it indeed had both A units powered.

Now the 2013 catalog makes vague reference to 2 motors in each A unit. It'll be interesting to see what actually gets produced!

I have now ordered - through Ray - a Santa Fe F7 ABBA set, and the plan is still to convert it to DCC with all units powered and operating independently. That plan is subject to change, however, when I see how it's built.

@Bart: You're not forgotten. but the LokSound decoders are fairly expensive, and with this set and a BR50 on order, it may take a while before the piggy bank recovers, so I can repower the F7s.

Best regards

Jens

(Who is writing this while waiting for a steam train at an absolutely beautiful spot. Video here)

• 2 weeks later...

I also left G scale when I realized how many more choices MTH made in O scale two rail. Imagine this shot in a garden RR!

You know I was looking again at the yard pics and it's very eye-catching and those yard lights and lighting really sets off the scene, really nice work Joe!

Thanks. Someday I need to finish the scene. There's always something spreading out my attention. I finally got my G scale ACe back on the workbench for detailing. I put the Triplex aside for now. I would have loved a bigger, diverse, modern diesel fleet in G scale.

We will get it eventually (more diesel offerings) I just don't think we will see multiple new models a year again or any time soon like MTH was doing for the first few years... and I think the ES44 will be next ;)

Well MTH has pushed the Ontario Northland F7's back to July...So I figure all F7's will ship then. My experiences with MTH in the O gauge world is the shipping dates are nothing but a estimated guess at best :)  

Yeah, it looks like some of the dates have changed. ATSF is still listed for May, though, but some NS units are still listed for March, so I guess we can't trust that list very much.

That's okay. My impatience is just getting the better of me. I'll grab a cold one and go fight the ants in the garden while I wait.

Dates slipping is certainly common here in Europe too. My BR50 was just recently bumped from Q2 to Q3. I fully expect it to slip to Q4 eventually.

Oh well ...

Jens

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I have no where else to ask this. Please MTH, make me a dark blue CSX wide cab dash to go with my new bright future that I ordered, and even the older release of the dark blue narrow nose that I missed. I will order!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

No, MTH only announces new products when they release their catalogs, they never do official communications before that.  Next catalog will be the 2014 one and will be out later this year

• 3 weeks later...

MTH just shared this photo this morning of the first painted sample of the new 2013 One Gauge line to arrive at the main office, the CSX 4-Bay Hopper (70-75040).  One Gauge production is starting to ramp up.

post-16-0-73042900-1407250519_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update:  VO1000's have been Canceled.  Pre-order numbers were too low.

This underscores the importance that if someone want's something they are best to get the pre-order placed so MTH knows they have sufficient demand to do a production run.

These are the only cancellations for One Gauge and believe this means there won't be any others so we should see everything else produced.  Let's hope for healthy sales once they start rolling in I want to see some steam and that new diesel :)