Show us your engines!!

enginear joe

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got lucky on that one for sure. The wheels showed no use at all. No box and was packed in foam peanuts. Just one side's air tank which had been re-glued on and snapped off again in shipping. The front cab's window popped out too. Missing one air hose. Sold for cheap. It had just arrived when his next engine was ending. I had to limit my buys as I ordered several new switches and equipment. So I missed out on another probably flawless one, an E8! That also sold cheap. Can't get them all. Someone else got lucky too. I had just sold off my 2 SD45s and missed them as soon as they left.

• 3 months later...

I did this bash of a Pacific into 844. Used some Boxpox wheels castings I got from Bob Thon. My centipede tender never would track well so I rigged a battery hookup line through my Big Boy tender so I could use it with 844. THey seem to fit okay. Runs smooth but is the old Pacific drive, so I don't pull many cars with it.

844T2.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Raymond, 

You are just saying that because I purchased them from Ray's Electric Trainworks. Thanks for your great service.

I'm going to enjoy this set and no you can not have them back.

My wife even asked to hold one.

........Jim

14 hours ago, Jim Miller said:

New MTH ABA F7's.

Both A units are masters, no slave unit like MTH's paired AA's.......Jim

Sorry - late to the party, but keep drooling all over the floor :D

Very nice. Can't wait to get mine.

One thing though, Jim: The only pics of the "grown-up" NS F7s are of course the modern PR train, and all the pics and videos show an ABBA consist.

I really think you should get one more B. It would look much better and be prototypically correct.

Tell the Mrs I said so if you need support.

Jens

Chuck,

Right now i do not plan on buying matching coaches. I already have two sets of MTH for D&H and PRR. I'm more of a freight guy. Just came in from running freight. May post vid later. It is hot outside today....... Jim

Jim:

Looking closely at your video, I see that the black passageways between units (where people walk above the couplers when moving from one unit to another) do not touch.  In the 2015 MTH catalog on page 11 http://mthtrains.com/sites/default/files/catalog_files/2015_rk1_v_1/html5/index.html, all the passageways of connected units touch each other. (except on your model where they didn't connect the couplers before they took the catalog photo)  I bought a new F-3 set on Ebay a few weeks ago, and the passageways are flexible in the curves and have little springs.  They also touch each other very nicely- even in the curves.  Why is there a gap between yours?  Did you change the factory installed couplers by any chance?  Are the F-7 passageways flexible with springs like the F-3s?

By the way, what is the technical term for these coupler "passageways"?   Please excuse my ignorance!

thx