GE P42 phase VI Kitbash or slice up

rbrown7713

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mounted the steps, had to inset the center shock. Picture of the collar that I am using, hasn't fell off yet.  Just a few more things, like couplers, sliding cab windows insert, TIU, permanently mount, some switches, wiring, and waiting for decal paper, and a few more things that I can think of, and this one is done. Now for the other one. Bob.

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

Hey Joe.  I need some male and female two pin connectors like the one that MTH uses.  Are these an MTH brand or are they generic?  If they are generic, what is the designation of  them and where can I buy some?  I have been  looking on the web and they don't show a close up so that I can see if they are the same as MTH. Are they called JST connectors?  Help! Bob.

After also spending around the same, I found a set of speakers I should have got there. I just started a new list and will be ordering again very soon.

It's a shame that some electronics stuff isn't labeled better. We shouldn't have to search all day for some things that are so basic.

I agree.  I really like that store though.  Well my couplers are installed and now waiting for parts.  Really want to finish this project, have other things to do, like start the layout in the yard. Bob.

Well, the locos are finished.  There are a few more things to do, but it runs and with the exception of one ditch light and some decals, it is done.  It took 3 1/2 months and I am happy with them.  I will try to post a video when I get all of the lights working and decals on.  The sounds are amazing. Bob.

IMG_0777.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

I have purchased an LGB coach and don't know yet how I am going to approach it yet, but I will figure something out.  Also I have purchased some HO Superliners for use in planning for the 1:32 scale,  but for now, I have to get to work on the garden layout, lots of work ahead, Bob.

Great sounds in the video. I haven't heard that particular sound set, I don't believe. The horn sounds different than mine does? I do have a new PS3 O scale F40PH on order and I look forward to hearing what that has inside. It maybe time for some updating in my G scale models.

That particular soundset is an O gauge P42 set., with a 3 inch speaker.  While you're here, I ordered some led's and they look a little blueish, as you can see in the video.  Can I order some led's from MTH that are white without the bluish tint?  I emailed the guy that I bought the led's from and he said they were white, not, he said that is hard to describe the color.  He should have said that it had a bluish tint.  I want the color that MTH provides, do they sell them? Bob.

When ever you order LEDs again, even if they are the superbright or ultra bright ones, make sure they also state "warm white". That gives them the yellow tint to look like a normal bulb.

Some guys swear that the bluish tint is OK. I just don't like it.

I got a PS3 upgrade kit full of LEDs, but I used my own that were warm white. I never even tried the MTH ones. I would bet they were warm white, as their stock engines look like they are.

They're not as bright as the ones I ordered though.

20,000 MCD I think???